About Me

My photo
Henry Martin spends his nights writing fiction and poetry, which predominately deals with the often-overlooked aspects of humanity. He is the author of three novels: Escaping Barcelona, Finding Eivissa, and Eluding Reality; a short story collection, Coffee, Cigarettes, and Murderous Thoughts; and a poetry collection, The Silence Before Dawn. His most recent published project is a collection of Photostories in five volumes under the KSHM Project umbrella, for which he collaborated with Australian photographer Karl Strand, combining one of a kind images with short stories and vignettes. He is currently working on his next novel narrated in two opposing points of view. He lives with his family in the Northeast.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

It's been a while since I posted anything, so here is a quick rundown:
I went on a nice group ride exploring local trails. It was a lot of fun until the end, when my front tire caught on a log submerged in mud, and I had to drop the bike in order to prevent a head-on collision with a tree. Thanks to my boots, I ended up being okay, and the bike only lost its left footpeg. No harm done, as I had a spare one at home. Unfortunately, I had to cut the ride short.

Since then I've been rather busy working on the house, but I'll spare you, and won't get into that.

While working on the house though, a friend stopped by on his recently-acquired motorcycle, and while I don't recall what make or model it was, it stirred something up inside me...something dormant for quite some time: I really want to make a cafe bike project.
You see, his bike was old (well, maybe 30 years), simple, and awesome. It wasn't restored, it wasn't chopped, the chrome was half-gone, and the paint was flaking. but the lines just worked together, the engine looked beautiful, and the sound was plain raw, like the sound I remember from my teenage years. I tried building an old school bike a few years back, but it wasn't the same.

So, now that the forgotten desires resurfaced once again, I hope you'll join me on the next project: 1980 CB750F. 

No comments: