About Me

My photo
Henry Martin spends his nights writing fiction and poetry, which predominately deals with the often-overlooked aspects of humanity. He is the author of three novels: Escaping Barcelona, Finding Eivissa, and Eluding Reality; a short story collection, Coffee, Cigarettes, and Murderous Thoughts; and a poetry collection, The Silence Before Dawn. His most recent published project is a collection of Photostories in five volumes under the KSHM Project umbrella, for which he collaborated with Australian photographer Karl Strand, combining one of a kind images with short stories and vignettes. He is currently working on his next novel narrated in two opposing points of view. He lives with his family in the Northeast.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Motorcycles only from now on

I started this blog with the intention to share some of my writing. Intentions, however, no matter how noble, do not always bear fruit. Over the course of the past year, the writing, which used to be my primary outlet, has taken a back seat to another passion of mine -- motorcycles.

When I posted my first motorcycle related post, a writer friend of mine warned me about mixing content. Sure, said I, not paying much attention to what she said. After all, I, like many fellow motorcyclists, have many interests beside bikes. Nevertheless, she was right, and despite my best intentions, this blog became almost exclusively motorcycle related. I'm glad for the audience I have and for the many visitors to this blog. Hopefully this motorcycle passion of mine, along with my trials and tribulations in resurrecting old machines, brightens the days for some of you, the readers.

That being said, I know in my heart that this blog is not the place to share my writing. I will continue to post my progress with the various motorcycle projects both currently under way and in the future, and I will continue posting maintenance and modifications done to my bikes. There will still be trip reports and adventures I plan to undertake.

The writing will move to its new home, completely uncluttered by motorcycle chat. Over the next few weeks 
I'll move all the writing related posts to my second blog: http://mad-days-of-me.blogspot.com/  where I will begin posting samples and updates on my various writing projects.

Thank you for your support, and if you feel like exploring the non-motorcycle side of me, come over for a peek.

No comments: