About Me

My photo
Henry Martin spends his nights writing fiction and poetry, which predominately deals with the often-overlooked aspects of humanity. He is the author of three novels: Escaping Barcelona, Finding Eivissa, and Eluding Reality; a short story collection, Coffee, Cigarettes, and Murderous Thoughts; and a poetry collection, The Silence Before Dawn. His most recent published project is a collection of Photostories in five volumes under the KSHM Project umbrella, for which he collaborated with Australian photographer Karl Strand, combining one of a kind images with short stories and vignettes. He is currently working on his next novel narrated in two opposing points of view. He lives with his family in the Northeast.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Front end is done.

Forks are finally done and mounted where they are supposed to go. New seals, dust wipers, oil, etc...
As you can see from the picture, the cooling system is also pretty much done, except for clamps. Once that is complete, I will do a complete flush to remove all the deposits I could not get to, and there are a lot.

The valve covers are off as I'm waiting for my rear wheel to be back from balancing, so I can get the valves done. I tried putting new tires on, but someone had removed the valve stem and put a tube in the tubeless rim, so it went to a pro for a proper installation.

The instrument cluster also cleaned up quite nicely. I also replaced all bulbs in there.
 The front fender, headlight bucket, and a few other things are at a powdercoater, so more waiting.

Before I get too invested in the cosmetics, however, I want to see if and how the motor runs. For that, I need to get these nasty carbs all cleaned up. A complete carb kit should be in my mailbox this week.

 
The white stuff is snow, not any strange mold. I rested the carbs on the deck when I was unscrewing the float bowls.

I also started playing with some fiberglass to make a seat pan and a rear cowl, but have not gotten far. As i said, the motor needs to run before I invest too much time in the bike.

No comments: