About Me

My photo
Henry Martin spends his nights writing fiction and poetry, which predominately deals with the often-overlooked aspects of humanity. He is the author of three novels: Escaping Barcelona, Finding Eivissa, and Eluding Reality; a short story collection, Coffee, Cigarettes, and Murderous Thoughts; and a poetry collection, The Silence Before Dawn. His most recent published project is a collection of Photostories in five volumes under the KSHM Project umbrella, for which he collaborated with Australian photographer Karl Strand, combining one of a kind images with short stories and vignettes. He is currently working on his next novel narrated in two opposing points of view. He lives with his family in the Northeast.

Friday, April 15, 2011

The Trip

Sunday morning, I'll be leaving on a week-long trip from NH to TN and back. If all goes well, I'll get the chance to ride the entire length of Skyline Drive in Virginia, the Blue Ridge parkway, and some of the famous rides at the end of BRP: The Dragon, the Cherohala Skyway, and the Moonshiner to name a few.
The plan is to make it to Front Royal, Virginia in one day, then, the next day, proceed to Meadows of Dan, where I will camp at the Willville Bike Camp. Weather (and the worn-out body) permitting, I would like to reach Tellico Plains, TN by the end of the third day, and stay at the Hunt's Lodge. From there, I'll probably spend the day riding the local rides.
At this point, I'm unsure of my route back up north, but the two options I'm contemplating are either riding back towards Shenandoah via some logging/mining roads, or, if the weather does not cooperate, slab it to Cape Hatteras and continue northwards via some of the coastal routes.
Either way, I should be spending the next week alone on the bike, exploring the charming part of the country I haven't visited before. A ride report will be posted upon my safe return.

2 comments:

Cheryl Anne Gardner said...

Good luck. We want to see lots of pictures when you get back.

If you're up out way, pop us a call.

Keith said...

That's an ambitious itinerary; if you see half of what you've planned, consider yourself lucky. I've never been out to that area and would love to go some year.