About Me

My photo
Henry Martin spends his nights writing fiction and poetry, which predominately deals with the often-overlooked aspects of humanity. He is the author of three novels: Escaping Barcelona, Finding Eivissa, and Eluding Reality; a short story collection, Coffee, Cigarettes, and Murderous Thoughts; and a poetry collection, The Silence Before Dawn. His most recent published project is a collection of Photostories in five volumes under the KSHM Project umbrella, for which he collaborated with Australian photographer Karl Strand, combining one of a kind images with short stories and vignettes. He is currently working on his next novel narrated in two opposing points of view. He lives with his family in the Northeast.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Bandit 1200S, plumbing the oil cooler

After a lengthy interruption, courtesy of back-to-back snowstorms, I finally got to do the oil cooler plumbing.

I started by making a little bracket to offset the cooler from its stock location by about 1/2 of an inch. This gave me a little bit more clearance between the AN fittings and the header pipes. The bracket is made of a piece of U-channel aluminum.

Mounted at the bottom of the radiator. Now, instead of the radiator tabs, the U-channel engages the frame slots.
Next, I installed the AN-6 to 16mm adapters where the banjo bolts used to be. New copper crush washers, and torqued to specs.
Then I made a couple of hoses, with 90-degree fittings at the bottom, and 45-degree fittings at the top. Ideally, I would have turned the cooler upside down and had the fittings on top, then use a 180-degree fitting to direct the hoses down. But, I wasn't sure whether it would actually clear the fairing, so I decided to go with 45s instead, and run the hose away from the headers (unlike the stock setup where it runs between the headers).
Right and left sides.
Now I just have to make some brackets to keep the hose where I'm pressing it with my fingers.



No comments: