About Me

My photo
Henry Martin spends his nights writing fiction and poetry, which predominately deals with the often-overlooked aspects of humanity. He is the author of three novels: Escaping Barcelona, Finding Eivissa, and Eluding Reality; a short story collection, Coffee, Cigarettes, and Murderous Thoughts; and a poetry collection, The Silence Before Dawn. His most recent published project is a collection of Photostories in five volumes under the KSHM Project umbrella, for which he collaborated with Australian photographer Karl Strand, combining one of a kind images with short stories and vignettes. He is currently working on his next novel narrated in two opposing points of view. He lives with his family in the Northeast.

Friday, February 28, 2014

Lynx Fairing install, WR250R - part 2

Lynx fairing install, Part 2.

Having done the front, I decided to tackle the wiring harness while I wait for my new dash.

The supplied harness comes with all the relays and connectors, and two wires that connect directly to the battery. The positive lead has a waterproof fuse built into it, while the negative lead is just a plain wire. Both wires are in a plastic sleeve to protect the insulation.

I wanted this to be as neat as possible, so I decided to follow the stock wiring and zipties the new cables to it.

First, I removed the bracket that holds the coolant overflow tank, so I would have a better access to the wiring. Moving the whole assembly to the side by an inch gave me enough room to accomplish this. From there on, I just followed the wiring harness and used a ziptie every few inches.

No comments: