About Me

My photo
Henry Martin spends his nights writing fiction and poetry, which predominately deals with the often-overlooked aspects of humanity. He is the author of three novels: Escaping Barcelona, Finding Eivissa, and Eluding Reality; a short story collection, Coffee, Cigarettes, and Murderous Thoughts; and a poetry collection, The Silence Before Dawn. His most recent published project is a collection of Photostories in five volumes under the KSHM Project umbrella, for which he collaborated with Australian photographer Karl Strand, combining one of a kind images with short stories and vignettes. He is currently working on his next novel narrated in two opposing points of view. He lives with his family in the Northeast.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Almost there

It was a busy week, and I managed to make some progress on the CX. After fixing a few unexpected issues, I started putting things together. But, the weather was decent and I had some yard work to do, so things went slower than expected. With the wood split and stacked, I found a few hours today to finally make the exhaust hangers, finish the seat latch, and a couple of other things. I still haven't done the front brake, but that did not stop me from taking a test ride. I'm loving it! Actually, after synching the carbs, I was pleasantly surprised by the bike's power delivery.

Anyway, I know there are some people dying to see pictures of the beast. Just remember, she is not done yet. There are a few more things to complete, and on top of that some more paint buffing, some polishing, and some scrubbing to be done.

By the way, the paint is candy red, but it appears slightly different on a cloudy day such as today.






Just a reminder, this is how we started:


2 comments:

Keith said...

Wow, very clean and somewhat British looking. Nice job. I wonder how it will ride on the street?

Henry Martin said...

Thanks Keith! I'm sure she will ride just fine. From the little I rode, the bike handles just fine.

I love riding old bikes, they give me an adrenaline rush like no new bike can. New bikes feel too plush :)