About Me

My photo
Henry Martin spends his nights writing fiction and poetry, which predominately deals with the often-overlooked aspects of humanity. He is the author of three novels: Escaping Barcelona, Finding Eivissa, and Eluding Reality; a short story collection, Coffee, Cigarettes, and Murderous Thoughts; and a poetry collection, The Silence Before Dawn. His most recent published project is a collection of Photostories in five volumes under the KSHM Project umbrella, for which he collaborated with Australian photographer Karl Strand, combining one of a kind images with short stories and vignettes. He is currently working on his next novel narrated in two opposing points of view. He lives with his family in the Northeast.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Almost there

I went for a short spin today, and so far the bike has done real well. I still have a ton of work to do: Polish paint, clean everything, replace the front master cylinder reservoir cup once the parts arrive....

But, things are coming along, and the journey is almost over.

Here are a few pics I took this evening, as the ones from last night were rather crappy. And yes, the black seat is growing on me.




4 comments:

Keith said...

It's got a one-of-a-kind streamlined look to it. Sharp looking bike.

Henry Martin said...

Thanks Keith. One of a kind is right. :)

Wait until the spring. I'll be doing a different paint job over the winter.

jbmorse02 said...

I think it looks great! Looks like you worked pretty hard to achieve that seat/tailpiece look. The solo seat is nice. If it were me, I think I would have left the triple tree black and painted the headlight ears the bluish color rather than the white.
Where did you get your turnsignals? I'd like some bullet shaped ones for a project but have yet to find a pair that I really like. They're either too torpedo shaped or too bulbous usually!

Henry Martin said...

jbmorse02; These turn signals are from Lockhart Phillips. Yes, I had the same problem, that is finding something that works aesthetically, is large enough to be seen (and pass inspection), and small enough not to be annoying.

LP has them in brushed aluminum (cast, the entire piece), or in black. They have a few other styles as well, and are not expensive.