About Me

My photo
Henry Martin spends his nights writing fiction and poetry, which predominately deals with the often-overlooked aspects of humanity. He is the author of three novels: Escaping Barcelona, Finding Eivissa, and Eluding Reality; a short story collection, Coffee, Cigarettes, and Murderous Thoughts; and a poetry collection, The Silence Before Dawn. His most recent published project is a collection of Photostories in five volumes under the KSHM Project umbrella, for which he collaborated with Australian photographer Karl Strand, combining one of a kind images with short stories and vignettes. He is currently working on his next novel narrated in two opposing points of view. He lives with his family in the Northeast.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

A bit of a delay regarding new posts

I'm taking a short break from posting here due to a rather bizarre occurrence.

Two days ago, my not-so-trusted laptop decided to die. And while it died about three times during its five-year service, this time might be the final time. I was writing a new post when, suddenly, smoke started rising from the machine. Needless to say, I grabbed it, unplugged the cords, and threw it outside. The machine was pretty hot, but there was no visible fire. The next day, as soon as I installed a battery to see if I can salvage some files, it started smoking again. So, for the time being, I have no access to my files or pictures.

In the mean time, a Windows 7 OS laptop followed me home. Since then, I've been trying to override some settings, eliminate some programs, and replace others with the more trusted ones. I also found that several of my devices won't work properly in the 64bit OS and there are no 64bit drivers for those.  Thus, I'll be sorting these issues first. I'll update this blog as soon as feasible.

Thanks for your patience.

No comments: