About Me

My photo
Henry Martin spends his nights writing fiction and poetry, which predominately deals with the often-overlooked aspects of humanity. He is the author of three novels: Escaping Barcelona, Finding Eivissa, and Eluding Reality; a short story collection, Coffee, Cigarettes, and Murderous Thoughts; and a poetry collection, The Silence Before Dawn. His most recent published project is a collection of Photostories in five volumes under the KSHM Project umbrella, for which he collaborated with Australian photographer Karl Strand, combining one of a kind images with short stories and vignettes. He is currently working on his next novel narrated in two opposing points of view. He lives with his family in the Northeast.

Friday, October 10, 2014

A shoutout to Generation Cycle in Perris, CA

Last weekend, I did one of those guilty pleasure rides. Well, what I mean is a ride to an awesome breakfast place - Parker's Maple Barn in Mason, NH, followed by a ride to Ray's Seafood restaurant in Rye, NH. It was a nice day, the miles kept coming, and the old belly was happy. 367 miles of smooth, twisty New Hampshire roads.

On my way back home, my neutral light started flickering when in gear. I pulled over, could not see anything wrong, and cautiously proceeded home.

When I got home, I took the sprocket cover off and discovered that my neutral switch was toast. The wires were literary coming out of the RTV/Epoxy housing. Lucky I made it home, as the bike needs the neutral switch to start.

I checked online and with my local dealer, but all the usual places had the switch on 5-7 days backorder, plus shipping. Not happening - New Hampshire is about to get covered in snow any time now, and I did not want to miss even a single day of riding.

I found a used switch listed at Generation Cycle on Wednesday. http://www.generationcycle.com/
Not particularly fond of eBay, I called the shop and spoke with Jerry.

Despite having thousands of parts in stock, Jerry pulled the switch off the shelves as we spoke, packaged it, and shipped it to me via USPS priority mail. This was Wednesday afternoon, EST.

I got my switch today, Friday, at noon. It's already installed and the bike runs again.

For the price of less than a half of a new unit, I got a used replacement part delivered faster than a dealer could have done.

So, if you are looking for used parts, give these guys a try: http://www.generationcycle.com/

I couldn't be happier. 

No comments: