About Me

My photo
Henry Martin spends his nights writing fiction and poetry, which predominately deals with the often-overlooked aspects of humanity. He is the author of three novels: Escaping Barcelona, Finding Eivissa, and Eluding Reality; a short story collection, Coffee, Cigarettes, and Murderous Thoughts; and a poetry collection, The Silence Before Dawn. His most recent published project is a collection of Photostories in five volumes under the KSHM Project umbrella, for which he collaborated with Australian photographer Karl Strand, combining one of a kind images with short stories and vignettes. He is currently working on his next novel narrated in two opposing points of view. He lives with his family in the Northeast.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Britannia Fairing update

Well, it's been a few months since I finished my install of the Britannia Composites Lynx fairing on my WR250R.

For those not familiar with my installation, I went a different route, reinforced the dash, relocated my ignition switch, and did a bunch of other things to set it up the way I wanted it.

After a few rides it became clear that the stock brake line was not in the best location. While it was fine for riding, whenever the front wheel got off the ground, the line found its way between the ignition key and the instrument display.

To remedy this, I decided to turn the banjo bolt around, so now the line goes towards the crossbar instead of the dash. It is way better this way, and I would go as far as recommending this easy fix if you are installing the Lynx on your WRR.

While there, I also hooked up a 12V outlet to power whatever I may need to power. After looking at several 12V outlets that claimed to be water resistant, I ended up buying one made by Bell. This one has a thick foam gasket and the flip-top lid is spring-loaded, so it always seals securely.

I just crimped some connectors to the supplied wires, and connected those to the spare connection Britannia has installed in the wiring harness that came with the fairing. Britannia has two such connections - one is always on (that's the one I used for the plug) and one is on when the motor is running (that one powers my LED lights).

Here is how the brake line fits with the banjo turned around:

I also finally got luggage for the new racks - Nelson Rigg Dry Saddlebags. I'll be installing those soon. 
 

No comments: