About Me

My photo
Henry Martin spends his nights writing fiction and poetry, which predominately deals with the often-overlooked aspects of humanity. He is the author of three novels: Escaping Barcelona, Finding Eivissa, and Eluding Reality; a short story collection, Coffee, Cigarettes, and Murderous Thoughts; and a poetry collection, The Silence Before Dawn. His most recent published project is a collection of Photostories in five volumes under the KSHM Project umbrella, for which he collaborated with Australian photographer Karl Strand, combining one of a kind images with short stories and vignettes. He is currently working on his next novel narrated in two opposing points of view. He lives with his family in the Northeast.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Motor fun

I finally managed to sneak out and do a little work on the CX500.

When I bought it, it was with the understanding that the water pump seal needed to be replaced, so armed with some sockets and a new seal, I dug right in.

Surprise, surprise, things are never as easy as they could be. First, I found out that the steel coolant pipes are rusted and pitted around the O-rings. The plan is to either look for new ones, or to solder fill the pitting and powdercoat the exterior. Not sure yet. Then, the shock of the day came when I took the water pump cover off.
 Whoever designed this with a steel (or cast) impeller, was a real ass.


Then, after I pulled the rear cover off, I found a destroyed oil seal, and a broken cam chain tensioner.

Other than that, things look pretty good in there.

No comments: