About Me

My photo
Henry Martin spends his nights writing fiction and poetry, which predominately deals with the often-overlooked aspects of humanity. He is the author of three novels: Escaping Barcelona, Finding Eivissa, and Eluding Reality; a short story collection, Coffee, Cigarettes, and Murderous Thoughts; and a poetry collection, The Silence Before Dawn. His most recent published project is a collection of Photostories in five volumes under the KSHM Project umbrella, for which he collaborated with Australian photographer Karl Strand, combining one of a kind images with short stories and vignettes. He is currently working on his next novel narrated in two opposing points of view. He lives with his family in the Northeast.

Friday, January 30, 2015

Getting there

Well, the powdercoating saga continues with a homemade fix - sand, sand, and buff and buff.

That's right, I went the crazy route of fixing the messed up powder job instead of looking for someone else to fix it. (not that there is anyone near me who could fit the frame in their oven).

Started with a 1000 grit and moved on to a 1500 grit sand paper. Wetsanded without cutting into the color coat, then used some polishing compound followed by Mequiar's 205 glaze. Due to its nature, the powder is not perfect, like a catalyzed urethane coat would be, but it looks much better than what I brought home initially.

I also got some of the smaller parts back from a different powdercoater - one that has never failed me yet. Those pieces look good, and I'm just sad that he couldn't have handled the frame for me as well. It would have saved me a lot of trouble, aggravation, and pain.


I flipped the frame upside down, inspected powder coverage in all the welds, and laid a thin coat of clear on the suspicious areas.

Tomorrow, I'll start working on the AN hoses for the oil lines, and, if time permits, will attempt to put the engine back into the frame without causing any damage.  

No comments: